Protective orders are effective tools to stop any abuse or threats of abuse. A Utah Protective Order can:
- Order the abusive spouse to stay away from you and your home, job, vehicle or school, and not to contact or harass you in any way.
- Order the abusive spouse not to have any guns or other weapons.
- Order temporary possession of the home, car and essential personal property.
- Order temporary custody, parent-time and support for the children.
- Order temporary spousal support.
- Order the children not to be removed from Utah.
The police can arrest your abusive spouse for not obeying the Protective Order. Then the judge can order the Respondent to pay a fine or go to jail or both.
Salt Lake City, Orem, Provo, Ogden, Sandy Protective Order Attorney
Domestic violence is a serious crime. Please call Utah Divorce Firm today at (801) 424-5280 so you can get protection – we will work tirelessly to do all we can to ensure you are no longer a victim of domestic abuse. We can represent you in pursuing or defending against Utah Adult Protective Orders and Utah Child Protective Orders. Hiring a family law attorney will allow you to follow the right process for obtaining a protective order avoid procedural pitfalls that may result in your petition being denied.